Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost?
GranGran is free for anyone to use as long as you have the necessary devices, like an Amazon Alexa. We are adding additional services and features for customers willing to pay a low monthly subscription.
Which Alexa device should I use?
It really depends on you as the carer and their loved one. The Echo Show 5 is the most versatile option because it has a screen and a camera that helps display instructions and facilitate video calls. If you are looking for a cheaper and simpler Alexa device, the Echo Dot provides great value for money and can easily blend into the home environment.
Is the data secure?
We employ software engineering best practices and have internal security by design protocols to ensure our data is well protected and private. We adhere to UK GDPR provisions and adhere to the Guide to Good Practice for Digital and Data-Driven Health Technologies when the NHS AI Lab releases it.
What routines does GranGran offer?
Our Voice App has the following routines for a carer to schedule
(1) Call Reminder - Help keep them connected by reminding them to make a phone call to a specific person
(2) Event Reminder - Helps them remember to send well wishes to someone for their birthday or anniversary
(3) Appt Reminder - Make sure they are ready for a planned activity outside of the home, such as a doctor or hair appointment
(4) Chair Exercises* - Keep them active with chair exercises they can follow on their Alexa screen
(5) Drink - Nudges them to have a drink and stay hydrated
(6) Eat - Nudges them to eat and stay nourished
(7) Medication - Helps them to find and remember to take their medication
(8) Shower - Maintain a hygiene regimen
(9) Wash hands - Prevent illness by keeping their hands germ free
Who is GranGran for?
GranGran is made for people living with early and mild stages of dementia so they can live more independently and their carers looking for peace of mind.
What do I need to get started?
You don't need much. Just an Alexa device. We recommend getting an Echo Dot or an Echo Show 5.